BCW Honors Seven Innovators at
Annual Business Hall of Fame Dinner
Seated, from left, Craig Deitelzweig, President & CEO, Marx Realty; Elena Rivera-Cheek, founder and owner, Copy & Art; William Balter, Principal, WBP Development LLC and Griffon Construction LLC; Dr. Belinda Miles, President, Westchester Community College; Robert Duncan Jr., Vice President, Wallauer Paint & Design Centers. Standing, from left, David Demilia, President & CEO, Tompkins Community Bank; Program Co-Chair James Giangrande, Managing Director & Partner, Altium Wealth; BCW President & CEO Marsha Gordon; BCW Chairman Heidi Davidson; Program Co-Chair Elizabeth Bracken-Thompson, Partner, Thompson & Bender; J.D. Summa, President & CEO, Kings Capital Construction.
More than 400 business leaders were on hand April 26th for the Business Council of Westchester’s 20th Annual Hall of Fame Awards Dinner. This year’s program, which was held at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle, honored seven innovators who have transformed their industries and added to the economic vitality of the region.
“Tonight, we celebrate innovation, which is fitting as we look to the future and to exciting new ideas,” said BCW President and CEO Marsha Gordon. “Our theme tonight highlights a major Business Council of Westchester initiative, the Westchester Innovation Network, which focuses on elevating Westchester County as a center for knowledge, innovation and economic development.”
Heidi Davidson, the BCW Board’s Chairman, noted the 20th anniversary of the Hall of Fame. “Over that time, we’ve celebrated a wide range of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to budding entrepreneurs to outstanding, small, women- and minority-owned businesses. This year’s roster continues this rich legacy,” said Davidson.
The 2022 award winners are:
• Corporate Citizenship Award: Cross County Shopping Center, one of the oldest shopping malls in the country. Innovation—including the upcoming opening of a Target store—has allowed them to continue to prosper for over 67 years. Accepting the award: Craig Deitelzweig, President & CEO, Marx Realty.
• Small Business Success Award: Kings Capital Construction, which is using innovative technology in the form of project management software to improve communication and efficiency in their processes. Accepting the award: J.D. Summa, President & CEO, Kings Capital Construction.
• Family Business Success Award: Wallauer Paint & Design Centers, serving Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties since 1921. Accepting the award: Robert Duncan Jr., Vice President, Wallauer Paint & Design Centers.
• Entrepreneurial Business Success Award: WBP Development LLC and Griffon Construction LLC, whose innovations include high- performance, affordable, mixed income and market-rate housing, financing and construction practices. Accepting the award: William Balter, Principal of WBP Development LLC and Griffon Construction LLC.
• Minority Business Success Award: Elena Rivera-Cheek, the founder and owner of Copy & Art, which aligns with marketing innovation by attending seminars, practicing continuous learning and experimenting with techniques, models and technologies.
• Women in Business Success Award: Dr. Belinda Miles, President of Westchester Community College, where the covid19 crisis led to innovative changes to learning with remote classes and the adoption of new digital tools.
• Chairman’s Recognition Award: Tompkins Community Bank for its delivery of unique financial solutions through contemporary technological advancements with a personal touch. Accepting the award: David Demilia, President & CEO, Tompkins Community Bank.