Westchester’s 6th Night of Jewish Learning and Celebration, co-sponsored by the Westchester Jewish Council and the Westchester Board of Rabbis, is scheduled for Saturday, November 23, 2019 at Beth El Synagogue Center, 1324 North Avenue, New Rochelle. Beginning at 7:15pm, the event allows participants to attend two workshops chosen from more than 30 topics covering Jewish thought, text, philosophy, spirituality, gender and sexual orientation, the afterlife, and more.
In addition, there will be a special joint learning session presented by Rabbi Ethan Tucker, President and Rosh Yeshiva at Hadar. A delicious kosher dairy dessert selection will be available throughout the evening.
Workshops include “An Introduction to Magic and Demons in Jewish Folklore”, “What is Mussar”, “Tikkun Ha-Olam in the Mishnah”, “A Virtual Trip through Italy”, “The Secret to Hillel’s Success (and Our Own?)”, and many more.
Tickets are available online at www.wjcouncil.org for $20/person through November 8th after which the price will increase to $25/person. Tickets will be available at the door if space allows.
For more information about the Night of Jewish Learning and Celebration, contact Donna Bartell, firstname.lastname@example.org or at (914) 328-7001. Information about the event is also available on the Westchester Jewish Council website at www.wjcouncil.org.
The Westchester Jewish Council connects, convenes and safeguards Westchester’s Jewish communities and strengthens relationships among Jewish organizations and other ethnic and faith based groups, elected officials, Israel and the community at large.
For more information, visit www.wjcouncil.org, or call 914-328-7001.
Participating Rabbis include:
- Rabbi Jeffrey Arnowitz, Westchester Jewish Center
- Rabbi Morris Barzilai, Sinai Free Synagogue, Mt. Vernon
- Rabbi Chaya Bender, Temple Sholom
- Rabbi Jeffrey Brown, Scarsdale Synagogue
- Rabbi Aaron Brusso, Bet Torah, Mt. Kisco
- Rabbi Fredda Cohen, White Plains Hospital, White Plains
- Rabbi Menachem Creditor, UJA-Federation of New York
- Rabbi Julie Danan, Pleasantville Community Synagogue
- Rabbi Benjamin Goldberg, Congregation KTI
- Rabbi Howard Goldsmith, Congregation Emanu-el, Rye
- Rabbi Daniel Gropper, Community Synagogue of Rye
- Rabbi Evan Hoffman, Congregation Anshe Sholom, New Rochelle
- Rabbi Jeff Hoffman, Academy for Jewish Religion
- Rabbi Jennifer Jaech, Temple Israel of Northern Westchester, Croton-on-Hudson
- Rabbi Jonathan Jaffe, Temple Beth El Northern Westchester, Chappaqua
- Rabbi Steven Kane, Congregation Sons of Israel, Briarcliff
- Rabbi Molly Karp
- Rabbi Nuriel Klinger, Young Israel of Scarsdale, Scarsdale
- Rabbi Shoshana Leis, Hebrew Congregation of Somers
- Rabbi Joshua Lookstein, Westchester Hebrew Day School, Mamaroneck
- Rabbi Jason Nevarez, Temple Shaaray Tefila of Westchester, Bedford Corners
- Rabbi Harry Pell, Leffell School, Hartsdale
- Rabbi Alex Salzberg, Pelham Jewish Center
- Rabbi David Schuck, Beth El Synagogue Center, New Rochelle
- Rabbi Zach Sitkin, Beth El Synagogue Center, New Rochelle
- Rabbi Jay Stein, Greenburgh Hebrew Center, Dobbs Ferry
- Rabbi Joshua Strom, Congregation B’nai Yisrael, Armonk
- Rabbi Annie Tucker, Temple Israel Center of White Plains
- Rabbi Ethan Tucker, Hadar
- Rabbi Pamela Wax, Westchester Jewish Community Services
- Rabbi Scott Weiner, Temple Israel of New Rochelle