I would like to address a recent article entitled, “Community Meeting Addresses Quaker Ridge Road Improvements.” While the meeting was well attended, I along with other residents believe that the audience was not as enthusiastic as thought.
Many residents had a great many concerns and questions regarding this project. Some of the questions included:
- The need to install bike paths
- Who would pick up the cost overrun if one should occur
- How would the entrance from side streets be handled
- What material will be used over the present concrete pavement
- Who will pick up the cost if water lines are damaged in the process
- How will traffic be impacted by the reduction in lanes.
Since this will be a major change that will have a great impact, it is necessary to receive answers to these questions and others before proceeding with this project.